Monday, February 05, 2007

Round two, fight!!

Today marks the beginning of our second main 3-week build cycle. Last week's relative rest and relaxation are behind us. It was a good week overall, as it should have been. The only big challenge I faced was doing the Level 3 swim workout for the first time on Thursday. I got through it without much of a problem; I have more confidence that I'll be able to hang at the back of the Level 3 pack tomorrow if coach Meghan makes me. I also got a new suit that's, um, a bit more streamlined than the one I was using before. I can't say I feel the difference in the water but my lap times have definitely improved. During the 30' swim on Sunday I was able to go 1600 yds, a pretty big increase over 1450 from 2 weeks ago.

Oh, and Teen seems to think I now am harnessing the spirit of the jaguar. Don't ask. Rawr!!

Saturday was a 25' run, and it was cold. Not as bad as the week before, but I'd bought new ski gloves and came prepared. They were a bit too warm, though. I had to take them off half way through. I'm determined to find a happy medium.

This week:

Monday: Bike 40', 6 x 1' hill repeats
Tuesday: Swim practice + 30' run, 6 x 1' repeats
Wednesday: Bike 50' EZ
Thursday: Swim + 55' long run (ugh)
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Brick workout, 90' bike + 15' run
Sunday: Swim

On top of all that? It was about 12 degrees (without wind chill) when I left the house this morning. That makes exercising outside dicey. It also means trying to do the workouts indoors on the trainer (meh) or the treadmill (terrible). I'm hoping it will warm up for Thursday a bit since 55' on a treadmill is like some sort of special personal hell. At least with the trainer at home it's easy to read or watch something interesting on TV. At the gym all you have is your music and whatever crap they have on TV.

No comments: