Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Commitment issues

We are now (almost) officially half way through the training. Just 10 short weeks until zero hour. Race day! Confidence from training is high, confidence from fundraising is getting there. It's hard to balance life, work, and training not to mention organizing fundraising. To that end I'm hosting a happy hour on 2/15. If you're reading this stop on by! I'm just glad Friday's are our "off" days now. I submitted my recommitment papers today which means that for better or worse this triathlon thing is locked in. It was harder to press "Send" on those documents than I thought it would be.

Despite the weather, or rather in spite of the weather, training pushes onwards. Build week #2 began with the 30' Sunday continuous swim. I was able to get in 1650 yards in just under 30 minutes. That's the 1.5K swim right there! I never would have thought I'd reach that sub-30' milestone, so it felt really good. Monday was a 40' bike (indoors, of course). Tuesday morning swim practice: 2300 yards; 35' minute run with a bunch of hill workouts. These hurt, but obviously I found a good hill. The embassy chauffeur that I ran past 6 times in 12 minutes gave me some weird looks, though. This morning we woke up to actual snow on the ground and another 60' on the trainer (OK, 50' for me because I was running late). Tomorrow is the evil day with another 2350 yards at the pool and then somehow making room for a 60' run and hosting a happy hour. Hopefully things will be melted and dried out in Rock Creek for Saturday morning, but I'm not holding out hope that it will be warm at all.

No comments: