Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Can't catch a break

The weather this week has been pretty much par for the course: cold, wet, and generally crappy. The 40MPH winds the past couple of days just upped the ante. The forecast for this weekend has it sunny and in the 70s, though. Perfect timing: we finally get good training weather in D.C. and it's a week before we head to Florida. Preliminary race day forecast: mid-80s and sunny. A tad too warm for my tastes, but I'll take it after the winter we've had. My wave will be the very last to start at 9:15 AM, so we'll still be on the run course close to noon and the hot sun could make it rough.

The temps for our last group workout on Saturday may still be in the low 50s in the morning. It's a practice triathlon. Coaches will be setting up a transition area and we'll run through the abbreviated stages: in our wetsuits (dry, but probably cold!), transition to an easy 30-40 minute bike, transition to a short run. It should warm up for the picnic afterwards. We'll be getting our race info including plane tickets (so help me if they are flying us out of Dulles instead of National ...) and our TNT logo triathlon jerseys.

Sunday a few of us are running a local 5K in Alexandria. I'm waffling between actually running the race to beat my previous best from St. Paddy's and just going out for a short easy run. I'll probably choose the latter; we have another 5K two weeks after the race that I won't hesitate to go all out on. No sense in risking an injury trying to push it this close to my first race.

10 more days!

No comments: